Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's Harvest Season! Bring Out the Pipes! (With a Bonus Quickview!)

The end of summer is always so exciting. I find it better than summer, winter, or spring. Winter is too loaded with commercialized holidays. Summer is too loaded with advertisements for booze and sex. And spring just makes my eyes swell shut. But fall, ohhhh, fall is where it's at. You have more festivals than you can shake a stick at. And I've tried. I have a very large stick specifically for that purpose... *snicker*.

Still, we've got festivals like the mega-gargantuan-huge Big E, the New Hampshire Highland Games, the Scotland Connecticut Highland Games, and the Norman Bird Sanctuary Harvest Festival.

I missed the Big E and the New Hampshire Highland games, sadly, but I had some photos of my previous trips. So look to this space over the course of the next few days as I upload tales of adventure, wine, women, and song! By adventure I mean lots of driving! By wine I mean BEER! By women I mean my friend Jay! And by song I mean BAGPIPES, BITCHES!

No comments: